2Chillies Retail Pty Ltd ACN 159 206 952 (“we”, “us” “our”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Therefore, we have put in place the following policy to protect your personal information. This is necessary as you will be required to provide us with personal information when using our website.
When you use our website and provide information to us, you consent to the terms of our policy.
When you place orders with us or request catalogues or have other enquiries you may have to provide to us information about yourself, such as your name, address, email address and telephone numbers, to enable us to process your order or answer your questions.
Further, on some occasions when you visit our website we may collect additional information, such as the address of your Internet service provider (your IP address), the name of the web page directing you, the URL you next go to, your clicks and activity on our site (date and time of your visit) and documents you have downloaded.
USING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will generally use this information for the purposes of:
• developing your account;
• processing your transactions,
• administering your account,
• conducting credit and other checks;
• verifying your identity;
• responding to any queries or feedback you provide.
We may also use the personal information you provide to us:
• for our own internal purposes such as for managing risks, training and billing;
• to help us develop and improve our website so we are user friendly to our customers;
• to research, promote and market our products and services, or the products and services of others.
• so you are able to subscribe to our newsletters or other promotions we offer (or offer in the future);
• to change your profile
Further, we can use your personal information for any other use which you may authorise.
WHAT WE WILL NOT DO
We will not use your personal information in an email or text, unless the email or text facilitates, completes or confirms a transaction we have with you, or unless we have your express, inferred or deemed consent to do so.
Where appropriate these emails and texts will include an "unsubscribe" facility.
You can tell us that you do not wish to receive such emails or texts by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLOSING PERSONAL INFORMATION
2 Chillies Retail Pty Ltd is committed to keeping your personal information confidential. Therefore, we will not:
• sell, trade or rent your personal information to anyone else; nor
• use or disclose your personal information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected,
unless you consent to that or where disclosure would be reasonably expected.
However sometimes we will be required to provide some of your personal information to others.
Generally, disclosure is required in the following circumstances:
• Where we are required to use other companies and individuals to perform services on our behalf, such as for delivering packages, sending mail and emails and processing payments.
These service providers are likely to have access to your personal information so they can perform the services for which they are engaged. However we will not authorise them to use your personal information for any other purpose.
• To enable some of our business partners, such as financial service providers or insurance companies, to offer products and services to you that will enhance the service that we provide to you.
• To enable us to continuously improve our website and our services to you, other customers and suppliers. In order to do this we would like to be able to track certain information so we can gather statistics about our customers, readers, sales, traffic patterns and related site functions.
• Sometimes we also need to provide this information to reputable third parties. If we need to do this then we will remove personal identifiers.
By accessing our website you agree to these terms. Therefore if you do not wish your information to be disclosed, then please email us at email@example.com.
TRANSFERRING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
OTHER DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If we need to share your personal information with third parties otherwise than as explained above, then we will notify you of this by the email address you have provided to us and you will have the option to prevent such information sharing.
Cookies are a form of technology we use to try and improve our service to you. It enables us to collect data so we can better understand areas of our website that you are interested in which will improve your overall experience when using our website.
This program enables our website to send to you a small element of data (known as a cookie), which is typically stored on your computer's hard drive and which permits our website to recognise you when you return to our website.
You can configure your web browser so you do not have to accept our cookies. However this may affect the functionality of your system.
We know that your personal information is personal to you and therefore we take steps to keep the information you provide to us across the internet secure. However, because of the open nature of the internet, sometimes data can be accessed by people who are not the intended recipients of that data.
We try and protect your personal information by using secure servers and data encryption that is typically used within our industry. Whilst we use encryption to try and ensure the security of the information you transmit, we accept no responsibility for any loss caused as a result of the loss, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure, alteration or destruction of personal information which you provide to us.
If you are required to provide us with a user name and password to access your account, then you must keep this confidential. A failure to do so is likely to cause unauthorised use of your account and cause you loss and damage. If you become aware of any unauthorised usage of your user name, password or account then you should contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UPDATING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you want to know what personal information you have provided us with, or if you want to update the personal information you have provided to us, then you can do so by emailing us at email@example.com.
From time to time we will review our policy, which may require us to make some changes to this policy. We will post any changes we make to the policy on our website and you agree to accept those changes by accessing our website.